Lakeia Bowman, Schenectady County Career Center
Attendees will learn: interviewing preparation, researching employers, answering tough questions, addressing perceived barriers, salary negotiation, interview follow-up, avoiding common mistakes, and increasing your chances for a job offer.
Leveraging Social Media to find Employment
Melissa Ward, New Ward Development, LLC
Attendees will learn how to leverage various social media platforms to find employment and how to properly set up their profiles for maximum exposure.
Candidate Screening Practices You Should Know About
Sarah Rose Dill, Recruitment and Retention Coordinator, Home Instead Senior Care
Attendees will learn why businesses use applicant tracking systems and other screening process; what type of information is typically requested; how to navigate online systems, complete applications and submit resumes that will make the cut.
Marketing Your Talents
Michael Roach of MichaelRoachCreative.com
Learn how to market your skills and talents, and avoid mistakes when trying to attract your next employer.
Effective Recruiting on College Campuses (For Employers and Alumni)
Bob Frederick of Employee Development Associates
Attendees will learn how to find the centers of influence, connect themselves to the culture of the campus, and create relationships that will brand themselves uniquely amongst their competitors. Effective Recruiting on College Campuses Presentation
Your chance to win FREE PRIZES just for participating!
CONGRATULATIONS! Don R. and Wesson H. are the FALL 2017 Schenectady Job Fair Gift Card Winners!
CONGRATULATIONS! Debra B. and Stephanie G. are the Saratoga Spring Job Fair gift card winners
HOW TO ENTER IN THE $100.00 GIFT CARD DRAWING:
- Sign up at the registration table and receive your FREE Entry Card
- Participate in at least 2 of the following to get your card stamped:
Workshops (five offered) MUST attend the full workshop
Speed Networking (offered from 10:00am – 2:00pm) MUST complete a full session
Resume’ Critique (offered from 10:00am – 2:00pm) MUST bring your resume’
- Return your stamped Entry Card to the registration table and be entered to win one of (2) $100.00 MasterCard Gift Cards!
DO YOU HAVE 10 MINUTES FOR A JOB INTERVIEW?
1. Register at the Speed Networking Table; Registration STARTS at 10am sharp (OR you can beat the rush and PRE-REGISTER with Beth Pellegrino by calling 518-374-9181 Ext 209 between the hours of 8:30am-4:00pm)
2. Be job ready with your professional attire, resume and demeanor.
3. Interview on the spot with any of our participating employers and get immediate feedback at the end of each interview.
Participating Speed Networking Employers and Interview Times Available (Please note interview times are limited and on a first come first served basis)Register for any of the following speed networking sessions conducted in 10 minute Intervals:
11:00am – 12:00pm: To be Determined
1:00pm-2:00pm: To be Determined
$100 off future Job Fair (for participating in Speed Networking)
Office Stewart’s Ice Cream Party (For staying until 3:45PM)